The principal managing authority that organises activities of the company is the board member.
A board member of the Estonian company:
- can be both a resident and non-resident of Estonia
- can be one person, or there can be several members
- can only be a natural person
- can manage activities of the company, represent interests of the company before state institutions and third parties
- has authority to sign contracts and agreements on behalf of the company
It is mandatory to obtain the consent of a candidate to act as a board member before their appointment. If you do not hold an e-resident’s digi-ID card and cannot visit Tallinn, we can help you to appoint a board member remotely based on the notarised declaration of consent.
The price of issuing the power of authority is 100 euros per person. The price does not include VAT, which can be applied.
Why choose Magrat?
- Magrat is a licenced trust and company service provider (licence №FIU000154) with the right to act as a Contact Person for non-residents of Estonia
- Magrat is an authorised participant of the e-Residency programme registered as a business service provider in the e-Residency Marketplace
- our team comprises successful and experienced lawyers who have been specialising in the incorporation and support of Estonian companies since 2009
- we provide an individual approach to each client
- we take into account all nuances of corporate law in Estonia
- we offer comprehensive company support including contact person service, postal address or physical office renting, bookkeeping, bank account opening assistance
What does the price include?
- preparation of the declaration of consent
- sworn translation of the declaration of consent, provided by the Client, in Estonian
- representation of the Client before a notary to appoint the board member of the Estonian company
- preparation of the company owner(s)’s decision on the appointment of the board member during the registration of the Estonian company
Our price does not include
- notarisation of the declaration of consent in the Client’s country and its sending by post to Estonia
- preparation of the company owners’ decisions on the appointment of the board member in the active Estonian company
What is required from the Client?
- a high-quality copy of an identification document in PDF or JPEG format
- a copy of both sides of the e-resident’s digi-ID card, if you have it
- a resume (СV)
- contact details: telephone number, email, address
- notarised declaration of consent: the Client should personally contact the notary in their country of residence, provide the notary with the text of the declaration drafted by Magrat, attach supporting documents, and pay for the notarisation services
After the provision of services, the Client receives the declaration of consent, duly issued and translated in Estonian, that allows remote appointing of the Client as a board member of the Estonian company.
The drafting of the declaration of consent takes 1–2 business days after the receipt of the documents from the Client.
The translation of the declaration of consent takes 5 business days after the receipt of the original document in Tallinn.
You may also get interested
- e-Residency application assistance