According to the law, all Estonian companies, whose board members (directors) are non-residents of Estonia, must appoint a contact person.
The functions of a contact person can be exercised by Estonian attorneys, notaries, or companies that have a licence for providing trust and company services, according to the Article 8 of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act. Magrat is a licenced provider of trust and company services (licence number FIU000154) with the right to act as a contact person for non-residents of Estonia.
The principal role of a contact person is to provide liaison between state institutions of Estonia and the board of an Estonian company. Thus, procedural documents or petitions delivered to a contact person are deemed delivered to the company. However, a contact person does not participate in decision-making related to the company activities and has no right to sign any documents on its behalf. The details of a contact person are stated in the Commercial Register of Estonia.
The price of contact person service is 200 euros per 12 months. It does not include VAT, which can be applied.
Why choose Magrat?
- Magrat is a licenced trust and company service provider (licence №FIU000154) with the right to act as a contact person for non-residents of Estonia
- Magrat is an authorised participant of the e-Residency programmes registered as a business service provider in the e-Residency Marketplace
- our team comprises successful and experienced lawyers who have been specialising in the incorporation and support of Estonian companies since 2009
- we provide an individual approach to each client
- we take into account all nuances of corporate law in Estonia
- we offer comprehensive company support including contact person service, postal address or physical office renting, bookkeeping, bank account opening assistance
What does the price include?
- providing Magrat’s consent to act as a contact person of the company and entering its address for receiving procedural documents or petitions (formal requests) in the Commercial Register of Estonia
- forwarding procedural documents and petitions by e-mail
- forwarding scan-copies of procedural documents and petitions in hard copies (up to 10 pages)
- transferring the originals of procedural documents or petitions to an authorised representative of the Client at Magrat office
The price does not include
- visiting a postal office (on the basis of a power of attorney, signed by a member of the board) for obtaining correspondence of the company—30 euros per visit
- scanning correspondence and sending over 10 scanned pages by e-mail—60 cents per page
- sending correspondence by registered mail (Omniva)—50 euros per dispatch
- sending correspondence by courier mail (DHL)—100 euros per sending
What is required from the Client?
- to conclude a contract with Magrat for receiving contact person service
- to submit documents of the company, its directors and shareholders required for the verification and the “Know your Client” procedure
The section «Contact person» of the extract from Commercial Register will contain details of Magrat.
The preparation of the contact person contract with Magrat takes 1–2 days. The details will be included in the Registry within 5 working days from the submission of the application for appointing Magrat as a contact person.
You may also be interested in
- postal address of an Estonian company
- private office (for 2 persons)
- a dedicated place in the coworking
- a hot desk in the coworking
- incorporation of an Estonian company for an e-resident
- incorporation of an Estonian company for a natural person with a visit to Tallinn
- remote registration of an Estonian company for a natural person