Stable economy, developed IT-sector, orientation to export and international market—these are the major advantages that allow Estonian companies to attract specialists from abroad. Besides, Estonia is a beautiful and comfortable country, the residence permit in which provides the following opportunities for citizens of countries outside the EU:
- The owner of the residence permit has the right to reside in Estonia permanently for the duration of the residence permit.
- Tourist Schengen visa does not allow arriving in the country, for example, in quarantine during the pandemic, although the residence permit gives this right.
- The owner of the residence permit is considered the permanent resident of the country, and the local banks are more willing to open an account for such a client.
- Since Estonia is a member of the EU and Schengen Agreement, the residence permit allows the owner to travel freely within the countries of the Schengen Area and stay in them for 90 days within 6 months.
- The residence permit card allows the owner to sign documents and formalise transactions remotely through the Estonian digital signature.
Magrat can assist both a potential employee and an employer in preparing and submitting an application for the residence permit in Estonia.
An application for the residence permit can be submitted:
- under the general procedure, within the immigration quota,
- as a high-class hired specialist, without limitation of the immigration quota.
Practice shows that the immigration quota, issued by the government in December for the next year, fills within the first 2 months of the new year.
Why choose Magrat?
- over 60 successful applications, resulting in the issuance of the residence permits for our clients,
- profound knowledge of the Estonian immigration law and working practices of the immigration department of the Police and Border Guard Board,
- a simplified preparation of the package of documents for those companies-employers that use Magrat’s accounting services.
The minimum price of assistance in preparing and submitting an application for the residence permit is 2,500 euros (does not include VAT, which can be applied). We prepare an individual offer for each client, considering their situation and amount of work.
What is included in the price?
- preliminary analysis of the prospect of the residence permit issuing,
- consultation in preparing the package of documents,
- consultation in completing the forms,
- accompanying the client to a service point of the Police and Border Guard Board or consulting in applying at an Estonian embassy in the client’s country of residence,
- assistance in preparing answers to the additional questions of the Police and Border Guard Board, if they arise,
- coordination of receipt of the residence permit card.
What is not included in the price?
- state fees, cost of obtaining and notarisation of the necessary certificates.
We cannot guarantee the positive decision on granting the residence permit, as the final independent decision is taken by the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. Although instances of application rejection are quite rare, they happen for reasons beyond Magrat’s control, and in such cases, the service fees are not refunded.
What is required from the client?
Potential employee and employer must provide all required information for preparing the package of the documents for a residence permit application and meet the requirements imposed by the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.
- application form
- identification document
- one colour digital photograph
- insurance contract
- employer’s invitation
- document, proving the payment of the state fee
- additional documents upon request of the Police and Border Guard Board
- The company has been registered and has been working for not less than 12 months before filing an application for the residence permit.
- The company has a good business reputation and no tax arrears and thus raises no doubts about its trustworthiness.
- If an application is submitted in Estonia, the applicant must stay in the country legally.
- During the employment of the applicant as a high-class specialist, the company must meet one of the following conditions:
- the minimum company capital is 65,000 euros and it is invested in the commercial activity in the territory of Estonia,
- the minimum revenue from sales is 200,000 euros per year,
- the wage bill of all employees constitutes no less than 5 average wages.
- The employer must pay a wage to a foreign hired specialist that is not less than 1 average wage in Estonia, and to a high-class specialist—not less than 2 average wages (see the table below).
|General way||A high-class specialist|
|Requirements for the wage||1 average wage||2 average wages|
|Approximate monthly values when applying within 03.03.2020–02.03.2022:|
|Net wage (issued to an employee)||1,141||2,282|
|Gross wage (before income tax)||1,450||2,900|
|Taxes (income and social)||799||1,598|
As a result of the service and a positive decision to issue the residence permit, which takes the Police and Border Guard Board, you will obtain a plastic residence permit card with the chip. The residence permit for employment is valid for up to 5 years.
The preparation of an application usually takes from 4 to 8 weeks, depending on how quickly the client submits the information and documents.
The decision about issuing or rejecting the urgent residence permit, as a rule, is taken within 2 months from the submission of an application.
The residence permit card is issued to the applicant personally within 30 days at a consular office of the Estonian Republic stated in the application form, or at a service point of the Police and Border Guard Board. The delivery of the residence permit card to a consular office may take additional time.
You may also be interested in
- Assistance in obtaining the residence permit for business in Estonia, without a business plan
- Assistance in applying for the residence permit for business (large investor)
- Preparing a business plan to apply for the residence permit for entrepreneurship
- Assistance in registration of the residence right in Estonia for citizens of the European Union and their families
- Registration of the short-term work in Estonia
- Assistance in applying for a long-term visa D in Estonia
- Consulting in international residency issues